WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting Hand Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hassan200100
NEWCOMER
NEWCOMER
hassan200100

Starting Hand Question Empty
PostSubject: Starting Hand Question   Starting Hand Question I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Every poker book (Phil Hellmuth, Mark Strahan, Phil Gordon, Lee Jones...) has another starting hand ranking (lets say top ten hands, similiar, but different), there are different places for AQ, TT,99,AK, KQ ! WHY ??! Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001431008272
Mrgreene
Mrgreene

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hand Question   Starting Hand Question I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 am

Because there is different places on the table called positioning where you can have a greater or less of an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Samango
Admin
Admin
Samango

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hand Question   Starting Hand Question I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 pm

That's an interesting question Hassan
Obviously pros writing about starting hands will give different recommendations for different positions so I don't think that explains what you are asking.
I think it may be that different people think that different hands are easier or harder to play.
As an example , I believe statistically that TT is just better than AKo and that AQo is just better than 99 (there are some suited big-card hands in between)

If I'm right about this then a bot should favour TT - but people seem happier to put their faith in the un-made AKo hand... (and AQo!)

as a further example suppose AKo and TT see a flop and it comes Q 7 3 - not a dangerous flop but some people may feel it is easier to continuation bet with the AK than it is with the TT, particularly if your tournament is on the line

so I think it is the difference between statistical probability and perceived playability
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hand Question   Starting Hand Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting Hand Question
Page 1 of 1