WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in

agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
riverking0422
NEWCOMER
NEWCOMER
riverking0422

agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... Empty
PostSubject: agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................   agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:33 pm

I've got to agree with Mr Greenstein. Poker bots are OK at the tables as long as they are clearly identified as such - you can then make an informed decision as to whether you want to play against them or not.

As it currently stands, you could be sitting with one or more bots and be unaware what they are - believing everyone you're playing with is a human just like you.

At least enforcing a rule that bots must be declared will bring the whole issue out into the open.

The theory goes that bots' play is predictable and easily beatable so the more identified bots at your table the easier it should be to win...
Back to top Go down
riverking0422
NEWCOMER
NEWCOMER
riverking0422

agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... Empty
PostSubject: Re: agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................   agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:33 pm

If you went bust, and flushed your bankroll, how can you get a bankroll again? I have a few hundred here and there to go play with that I can lose, but not $4k that I would need to play in $50-$200 buy in cash games. I have heard of people being "staked" by someone else, but I don't know any rich people. I don't make a ton of money. I am not getting a loan or cash advance on a credit card to have a bankroll. But if I go play poker when I have some money to spare, I will never have a decent bankroll. Even if I won the lotto, and had 100 million in the bank, I would still want to play poker, profitably. I don't want to be a poker player to make money. I want to play poker, which I love, and be profitable at it. I try freerolls on Absolute Poker, and I have only made the pay once - 18th place for $1, over 3,000 entrants. I usually make the top 10% in these freerolls, if not better. But I just don't know how I can accomplish my goal of being a poker pro with no bankroll. Any advice? Thank you for reading, and hopefully replying with some good advice.
Back to top Go down
riverking0422
NEWCOMER
NEWCOMER
riverking0422

PostSubject: Re: agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................   agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Slow-playing aces a MAJORITY of the time seems like a recipe for disaster. The more players in the hand, the worse your odds get.

You're 80% to win vs say JJ, add a third player with 76s to the mix and your odds drop to 60%, add a 4th player with AKs now you are 50% to win.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................   agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Lots of really good questions here, which actually deserve a special section all on their own. If we can at some point how would you feel about setting up an area where we can use threads like these with polls and people can vote on what they believe.
Back to top Go down
https://pokerjokerz.forumotion.com
Aligator8841
LOYAL MEMBER
LOYAL MEMBER
Aligator8841

PostSubject: Re: agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................   agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:05 am

yep nice i'm waiting for the new area to open Razz
Back to top Go down
FullTiltIronMan
FullTiltIronMan

PostSubject: Re: agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................   agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:09 am

I don't think bots should be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................   agree??????????or disagree?????????????......................................................... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

agree??????????or disagree?????????????.........................................................
Page 1 of 1