WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Codd Brunson Challenge

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Untitl15
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:55 pm

First tournament of the day, I like to be a freeroll, get all warmed up. This was a great warm up and my best freeroll cash, and best place in the last 9 days. Way to start a new day, and a new week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Favorite Hand of the Tournament   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Untitl38

Full Tilt Poker Game #26568464803: PokerOwned.com Members (205220126), Table 10 - 1200/2400 Ante 300 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:22:43 ET - 2010/12/20
Seat 1: KingofAcorns (64,634)
Seat 4: mojo got game (16,912)
Seat 7: borisna (25,835)
Seat 9: XXX_XXX2 (17,119)
KingofAcorns antes 300
mojo got game antes 300
borisna antes 300
XXX_XXX2 antes 300
mojo got game posts the small blind of 1,200
borisna posts the big blind of 2,400
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KingofAcorns [As Ac]
XXX_XXX2 calls 2,400
KingofAcorns has 15 seconds left to act
KingofAcorns raises to 15,000
mojo got game has 15 seconds left to act
mojo got game raises to 16,612, and is all in
borisna folds
XXX_XXX2 raises to 16,819, and is all in
KingofAcorns calls 1,819
XXX_XXX2 shows [Ad Kc]
KingofAcorns shows [As Ac]
mojo got game shows [Js Ah]
*** FLOP *** [2h 7c 7s]
*** TURN *** [2h 7c 7s] [6h]
*** RIVER *** [2h 7c 7s 6h] [8c]
XXX_XXX2 shows a pair of Sevens
KingofAcorns shows two pair, Aces and Sevens
KingofAcorns wins the side pot (414) with two pair, Aces and Sevens
mojo got game shows a pair of Sevens
KingofAcorns wins the main pot (53,436) with two pair, Aces and Sevens
acetoo (Observer): nh
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 53,850 Main pot 53,436. Side pot 414. | Rake 0
Board: [2h 7c 7s 6h 8c]
Seat 1: KingofAcorns (button) showed [As Ac] and won (53,850) with two pair, Aces and Sevens
Seat 4: mojo got game (small blind) showed [Js Ah] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 7: borisna (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: XXX_XXX2 showed [Ad Kc] and lost with a pair of Sevens

Last edited by CoddBrunson on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:13 pm

wtg

nice work.
Back to top Go down
https://pokerjokerz.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Thnx Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Winning Hand   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Untitl39

Full Tilt Poker Game #26568506914: PokerOwned.com Members (205220126), Table 10 - 1500/3000 Ante 400 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:24:13 ET - 2010/12/20
Seat 1: KingofAcorns (101,365)
Seat 7: borisna (23,135)
KingofAcorns antes 400
borisna antes 400
borisna posts the small blind of 1,500
KingofAcorns posts the big blind of 3,000
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KingofAcorns [Qc Js]
acetoo (Observer): yeah me too boris
borisna raises to 22,735, and is all in
KingofAcorns calls 19,735
borisna shows [Th 8s]
KingofAcorns shows [Qc Js]
*** FLOP *** [4s 8h Qh]
*** TURN *** [4s 8h Qh] [As]
*** RIVER *** [4s 8h Qh As] [4d]
borisna shows two pair, Eights and Fours
KingofAcorns shows two pair, Queens and Fours
KingofAcorns wins the pot (46,270) with two pair, Queens and Fours
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 46,270 | Rake 0
Board: [4s 8h Qh As 4d]
Seat 1: KingofAcorns (big blind) showed [Qc Js] and won (46,270) with two pair, Queens and Fours
Seat 7: borisna (small blind) showed [Th 8s] and lost with two pair, Eights and Fours
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:43 pm

After I eliminated half the table left in that AA hand, it was HU between me and borisna. I knew this wasn't going to take long. It lasted three hands. Earlier in the tournament, my only really bad hand was against borisna, when I raised it up a considerable amount, everybody folded but borisna who pushed all in for not too much more. I called. I had KQs, he had K8o. He turns and 8 then gets a 4 board card K high flush. Nice suckout. I had watched him play for awhile, and knew I was a way better player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:07 pm

After that tourney, I played the Pirate's Booty Tournament for $2.50. Did horrible, didn't even get a bounty. Then I played some Rush and recouped half of my buy in from the Pirate Tournament. I was pretty much done for the day, but I jumped into a $3.30 Bounty tournament. It was horrible bankroll management, being 10% of my bankroll, but I thought I could at least collect some bounties before I got taken out, if not make it to the cash. Did neither.

So for a day, that I started out so great, I kind of finished out lame, but I still finished ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Day_0910
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Day 10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Day 10 was horrible. Mostly due to a lot of mismanagement and stupid decisions. I started the day playing Rush. I bought in for $2.80. I was playin good and doing alright until I got pocket Jacks. It was 0.02/0.05, and I raised it to 17c preflop. The big blind called with T7o and flopped a straight. The board was 986. I bet into him the whole time, being I had overs to the board and assumed I was good. This put me on tilt.

I bought back into Rush for $2.50, something I shouldn't have done, and lost that too. I bought in again and lost. I got up and walked away. I came back. Some where in there I dumped off more money. I was down to $15 cash in my br. I bought into Rush for $5, determined to hit a big hand, or I didn't want to play internet poker anymore.

Well, I played good, I played smart, and I finally got my hand. I was up to $8, got 88 raised it. Got 2 callers. Flop went T82, rainbow. I decided to slow roll it and try to milk it for as much as possible. I check, one guy bets, the other guy folds, I pause and call. Next card is like a 6 of diamonds, which now gives the board 2 diamonds. I check, dude bets, I repop him all in, feelin that the board can now make straights and flushes, I better make this next card expensive. He calls, shows like A4 diamonds. Thank god the last card wasn't a diamond, and I was good. I was now at $15. I played for a little bit more, got up to $16, but decided first hand I lost, to get out. I got in a hand with KJs, one guy all in, two of us not. A king flops, I bet, other guys re raises huge, I decide it's not worth it, I fold. Turns out I woulda won, but I didn't care. I cashed out with $13.50. I had repaired most of the damage done to my bankroll. I got off the internet, feelin it had been a crazy stupid day, and I didn't want to do anything else stupid.

Several hours later I got back on, with the only intention to get caught up on some forum posting. I ran into a buddy online, we started talking and I ended up getting into a SNG. It was ugly. I decided to go back to posting. A little while later I ended up playing a $3.30 Rush 9k guaranteed, where my buddy staked half my entry. I got to within 100 of the money, but the blinds were crazy as it was a turbo, and I had to find a hand to shove. I ended up all in on my BB, K5s vs QTo. Flop went T5T then a 5. I was out. My buddy suggested I join him in some regular Rush and I did.

I bought in with $5. Poor bankroll management, but I was determined to do good. I was doing good, got up to 7 or 8 bucks, and got pocket Jacks. I raise it up good, like 25c (upon reviewing the hand, I actually bet 35c preflop). I get one caller. The board goes 346. Dude checks, I bet 59c, a little over the pot. Dude thinks, then calls. The next card is a 2. Dude checks, I bet huge, he reraises me, I go all in, he calls. He shows 22. He ends up winning. I am pissed. He called 59c on the flop, with an under pair to the board and an inside straight draw. I make note of his name, and decide to get vengeance. I have about $2. I turn back into about $6 before I finally meet dude on the tables again. Here's the JJ hand and the hand I get him back:

Last edited by CoddBrunson on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Untitl42

Full Tilt Poker Game #26605984601: Table Flash - $0.02/$0.05 - No Limit Hold'em - 05:00:06 ET - 2010/12/22
Seat 1: Semaka777 ($2.50)
Seat 2: Ganesh108 ($1.31)
Seat 3: ZombieFullTilt ($6.87)
Seat 4: kidelee ($2.57)
Seat 5: KingofAcorns ($8.44)
Seat 6: Mbuna ($6.73)
Seat 7: badpie ($7.73)
Seat 8: kzsolt1973 ($3.80)
Seat 9: babanlive ($1.96)
badpie posts the small blind of $0.02
kzsolt1973 posts the big blind of $0.05
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KingofAcorns [Js Jd]
babanlive has 8 seconds left to act
babanlive folds
Semaka777 folds
Ganesh108 calls $0.05
ZombieFullTilt calls $0.05
kidelee folds
KingofAcorns has 8 seconds left to act
KingofAcorns raises to $0.35
Mbuna folds
badpie folds
kzsolt1973 folds
Ganesh108 folds
ZombieFullTilt calls $0.30
*** FLOP *** [5h 3d 6d]
ZombieFullTilt bets $0.05
KingofAcorns raises to $0.59
ZombieFullTilt calls $0.54
*** TURN *** [5h 3d 6d] [2s]
ZombieFullTilt bets $0.05
KingofAcorns raises to $1.50
ZombieFullTilt raises to $5.93, and is all in
KingofAcorns calls $4.43
ZombieFullTilt shows [2h 2d]
KingofAcorns shows [Js Jd]
*** RIVER *** [5h 3d 6d 2s] [Qh]
ZombieFullTilt shows three of a kind, Twos
KingofAcorns shows a pair of Jacks
ZombieFullTilt wins the pot ($12.94) with three of a kind, Twos
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $13.86 | Rake $0.92
Board: [5h 3d 6d 2s Qh]
Seat 1: Semaka777 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Ganesh108 folded before the Flop
Seat 3: ZombieFullTilt showed [2h 2d] and won ($12.94) with three of a kind, Twos
Seat 4: kidelee didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: KingofAcorns showed [Js Jd] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 6: Mbuna (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: badpie (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: kzsolt1973 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: babanlive didn't bet (folded)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm

It took almost 100 hands, but I was lucky enough to find him, and super lucky that he and I both got cards, and he was willing to be stupid. Here:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Untitl44

Full Tilt Poker Game #26606285764: Table Flash - $0.02/$0.05 - No Limit Hold'em - 05:25:22 ET - 2010/12/22
Seat 1: ggalalalalala ($4.78)
Seat 2: MUPaKoz ($9.16)
Seat 3: ev1lguy ($2.54)
Seat 4: KingofAcorns ($6.37)
Seat 5: Serega 55ru ($2.05)
Seat 6: doggosu ($5.16)
Seat 7: NuclearGirl ($3.53)
Seat 8: ZombieFullTilt ($6.58)
Seat 9: Mawora ($10.12)
KingofAcorns posts the small blind of $0.02
Serega 55ru posts the big blind of $0.05
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KingofAcorns [Qs Ad]
doggosu folds
NuclearGirl folds
ZombieFullTilt raises to $0.17
Mawora folds
ggalalalalala folds
MUPaKoz folds
ev1lguy folds
KingofAcorns calls $0.15
Serega 55ru folds
*** FLOP *** [Td Ac Ah]
KingofAcorns checks
ZombieFullTilt bets $0.39
KingofAcorns calls $0.39
*** TURN *** [Td Ac Ah] [9s]
KingofAcorns checks
ZombieFullTilt bets $1.17
KingofAcorns calls $1.17
*** RIVER *** [Td Ac Ah 9s] [Ts]
KingofAcorns bets $2.64
ZombieFullTilt calls $2.64
*** SHOW DOWN ***
KingofAcorns shows [Qs Ad] a full house, Aces full of Tens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:01 pm

That hand was a dream come true. I was up to $10 and this is when I shoulda cashed out, my br woulda been $25, everything would be fine. Instead I decided to keep playing. I got tired and made increasingly poorer decisions until it was all gone. All the damage I had done, all the repairing, all the damage, then repairing, just to get tired and stupid and be back to my damaged bankroll.

It was a lesson to be learned. Unfortunately expensive, but hopefully it will have saved more money in the future. I will no longer play online past 12, unless I am wrapping up a tournament I started earlier. I'm just not in my right frame of mind, and I do damage to a carefully built bankroll, that was done in my right frame of mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Day_1010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Day 11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:12 pm

I am really sore about the damage I did to my bankroll yesterday. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

So far today, I have done nothing online but post on forums. I have banned myself from Full Tilt for the day. I have banned myself from internet poker for the day, except for a freeroll on Ultimate Bet which starts in an hour. Because, and only because it's a freeroll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:04 pm

So I played that UB freeroll, got 2nd place:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Untitl45
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Came to the HU situation as the chip leader, should of taken it down, but went all in with TT vs AK and she caught a K. That gave her the lead, and I never fully recovered. Oh well, free $7 was pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Then I played the DD and a $3.30 money added private tournament. I got staked for the DD, and half staked for the private tournament. I was doing really good in the DD and decent in the other tournament. I got on tilt in a hand that I got sucked out on, sucked back out on that person and recovered, but then there was a hand that I folded. I had an inside straight draw, I folded and the draw hit on the next card. It was good pot odds to call, but my gut feeling was yes, and my brain did some math and said no. It really pissed me off. I wasn't thinking straight as we were playing on the bubble. Plus I was battling pretty hard in the DD at the same time. I ended up in an all in situation as the BB against SB, where I had K2 suited and they had AA. I had hit the King on the flop and shoved, thinking I was good. I ended up bubbling that tournament. That really pissed me off, I could've easily held out a little longer and got $6.75 or more. Then I focused all my attention on the DD. Unfortunately, I ended up card dead for about 60 hands. Which really hurt me. I ended up pushing all in on the best hand I'd seen in a longtime, AQs. A big stack called with 55, and flopped a set to seal the deal. I was knocked out in 269th. I was up for the day, but really pissed off about bubbling that tournament. I got off the internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 Day_1110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Day 12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:25 pm

I did not play Day 12. I did not touch the internet on Day 12.

I felt I was in really negative head space from the night before, and before I went to bed, I had decided to take one day off from the internet and poker. I felt as through I was stuck in a rut, and really had to do something different to change that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Codd Brunson Challenge - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Codd Brunson Challenge
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next