WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington Empty
PostSubject: Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington   Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Pokerstars is no longer accepting cash from players in the state of Washington following last week’s Supreme Court verdict to uphold its decision to prohibit online gambling, the first move it has made to withdraw from activities in the US since UIGEA was enforced four years ago.

PokerStars has always maintained that it operates within the law and that its activities in the US are legal since no state or federal law has specifically banned its offering.

In an email message sent to residents of the state of Washington and seen by Poker News Daily,
PokerStars said: “To date, PokerStars has operated in Washington on the basis of legal opinions where the central advice was that the state could not constitutionally regulate Internet poker, or at least could not discriminate in favor of local card rooms and against online sites. Last week, however, the Washington Supreme Court for the first time rejected that position and upheld the state’s Internet gaming prohibition.”

“In light of this decision, following extensive consultation with our legal advisors, we believe that the right course of action is to now block real money play by Washington residents on the
PokerStars.com site.

“In all of the jurisdictions where we operate, we are committed to making responsible decisions that are based on a full and considered understanding of the most up-to-date legal advice,” the email added.

In 2006 the Washington state legislature passed a bill that outlawed online gaming and poker. The statute raised the punishment for violation from a misdemeanor to a Class C felony putting playing poker online on the same level as child molestation and made it punishable by up to a year in jail. The new law also put strict regulations against advertising for online gaming.

Poker News Daily reported the decision by
PokerStars had drawn extensive commentary through the message boards at the TwoPlusTwo and PocketFives.com forums. Many are wondering whether the second largest internet poker room, Full Tilt Poker, will follow suit, and others wonder if it will lead to a domino effect of other states passing similar legislation.

http://www.betastic.co.uk/gambling_news-pokerstars-pulls-out-of-us-state-of-washington.htm
Back to top Go down
https://pokerjokerz.forumotion.com
hassan200100
NEWCOMER
NEWCOMER
hassan200100

PostSubject: Re: Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington   Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:50 pm

PokerStars also now has restricted table conditions for chinese players !
Do you remember the collusion (DoN) scandal ?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001431008272
FullTiltIronMan
FullTiltIronMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington   Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:29 pm

I am so glad I don't live in Washington.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington   Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokerstars no longer taking players from the state of Washington
Page 1 of 1