WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strange Omaha Hands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TopJimmy99
REGULAR
REGULAR
TopJimmy99

Strange Omaha Hands Empty
PostSubject: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Strange Omaha Hands Omaha_10
Back to top Go down
TopJimmy99
REGULAR
REGULAR
TopJimmy99

PostSubject: Re: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Strange Omaha Hands 4_pair11
Back to top Go down
TopJimmy99
REGULAR
REGULAR
TopJimmy99

PostSubject: Re: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:17 pm

What are the odds that you pair all 4 of your hole cards?
Back to top Go down
chemist
chemist

PostSubject: Re: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:12 pm

I'd say it doesn't matter and you should be looking out for your opponents hitting straights or flushes. lol
A pair or 2 pairs is not a very strong hand in omaha.
Back to top Go down
Samango
Admin
Admin
Samango

PostSubject: Re: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:05 pm

TopJimmy99 wrote:
What are the odds that you pair all 4 of your hole cards?

As chemist said, you shouldn't worry too much about this (as it is irrelevant) but you must always remember when thinking about probabilities, that they only really apply when predicting a result

If you notice something after the event it is statistically meaningless!

One reason for this is that the probability of this happening is for that hand only. If you are going to include the possibility of it happening in this hand OR the next hand, then the probability has halved.

Now, the whole session??, All the hands you've ever seen?? It's definitely odds on to happen in that case

Another reason that 'after the event' oddities are meaningless, is that there are so many possibilities to catch our eye with a pattern. You could be dealt Quads, a flush, straight (4 to a straight), same hand at 2 tables or consecutive hands (covered elsewhere), they will all catch our attention but they are really just a logical part of a long random sequence. If it's long enough you will see everything
Back to top Go down
chemist
chemist

PostSubject: Re: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 4:38 am

You know what they say about enough monkeys with typewriters...........
eventually they will eat enough jelly beans while typing to discover one resembling a future queen,
but the coincidence of that coincidence happening shortly before her overhyped wedding surely would be too much.

Or is the point that these things do happen more frequently, but we don't always pay them much attention.

Strange Omaha Hands Kate_middleton__c03_598583t

http://windsorknot.today.com/_news/2011/04/14/6470121-could-a-jelly-bean-that-resembles-kate-middleton-fetch-over-800

Back to top Go down
Samango
Admin
Admin
Samango

PostSubject: Re: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 pm

there are probably faces on all jelly beans. But who looks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange Omaha Hands   Strange Omaha Hands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange Omaha Hands
Page 1 of 1