WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand. Empty
PostSubject: Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand.   Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:30 am

In the news today, a group of miners have been trapped in a mineshaft in New Zealand.

A build up of methane gas caused a huge explosion which resulted in the mine collapsing, trapping the miners inside.

Yet again it brings doubts about the safety of mines. In the modern era surely there must be safety measures in place whereby they could automatically detect the presence of a large amounts of gas and sound an alarm which alerts someone to the dangers.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me it seems miners safety is being compromised in the search for profit and how many more incidents like this are going to happen before the mine owners wise up and start taking safety seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://pokerjokerz.forumotion.com
pimpalho
NEWCOMER
NEWCOMER

Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand.   Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 pm

That´s sad
Back to top Go down

Another mining incident, this time in New Zealand.
Page 1 of 1