WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.
WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taking down tounaments.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WINNINGHAND79
REGULAR
REGULAR
WINNINGHAND79

Taking down tounaments. Empty
PostSubject: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:41 pm

i talked to a guy one night at a summer party, a few yrs back. the
conversation soon changed to poker. as we talked, this gentalmen told me
about his vegas games. after he got to brag a little,hahaha, i asked
him if he had a tip for a fellow non-tourney player, who wanted to
start....... he said "patience. fold fold fold"

i took this advice and use it in every game!!!!!!!! both live and
online...and i am a final table hitter.. & it is because of
this..... i do not chase cards..... rarely does a flush hit for me
anyways!!! hahahaha. same for str8's!! unless i flop them... i aint
bettin my stack on it. often i see that 2 of my cards landed. maybe on
flop..maybe by turn. the pots are huge by now..... and then nothing
after.......... so i keep my chips.. my chips!! hahahaha

see the point to playing tounaments, isnt to have the biggest stack...
sure it helps, but the goal.... is to HIT THE MONEY$$$$$$$$$$...... man i
have hit the money w/ 400 in chips..everyone else 24-60k..... haha. but
i placed. i got paid...thats the point.

i love these guys that get a huge stack, and think they cant lose!! next
thing, they lose 3 small pots, get mad, and make bad calls.... i have
folded hands that i regret....yes...regret badly!!! yeah i hit hands i
folded, hit monster hands!!!!! full houses and str8s... but i wont play
crap cards...8-2...9-3..6-10..ect. i remain calm and in the end... i
dont fall out to flush or str8 draw.....or even higher pockets that dont
hit & lose to 2 pair!!!! hahaha. see, i always tell myself.....

there will alway be another hand.....another set of cards...

why chase that hand, when the winning one could be next????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Samango
Admin
Admin
Samango

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 pm

This is posted so many times on the web that if it is your own work, you are a spammer!

I can't quite work this one out, what are you plagiarist or spammer?
Back to top Go down
WINNINGHAND79
REGULAR
REGULAR
WINNINGHAND79

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 am

hahaha well im not sure how to respond. i have diff forums that im in, and so i post my blogs at all sites. i dont mean to offend or upset, i am simply trying to get my points and stay active at sites.......if we travel in the same groups, im sorry you keep seeing my work. Sad cheers samango
Back to top Go down
chemist
chemist

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:44 am

Samango wrote:

I can't quite work this one out, what are you plagiarist or spammer?

Are they necessarily mutually exclusive??
Smile

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
WINNINGHAND79
REGULAR
REGULAR
WINNINGHAND79

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:20 am

first of all...i should have responded with....i am NOT a plagiarist!!!! all of my work is my work!!!!

2nd, i do not post numerous times on one site, nor do i mutil-post in the same sections. i post ONE of my blogs on EACH site. that is not spamming!!!! there is no diff in me updating facebook,twitter and msn all at the same time!!!! i can post on forums i am involved with no? the web is a big place, and not everyone i know is at all sites, so i post on all my sites so that ppl can read my stuff. i do not see how you can call that spamming!!!!!! i am offended by this remark!!!!
Back to top Go down
Samango
Admin
Admin
Samango

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:48 pm

No, you are right, there is nothing wrong with posting your own work on several different sites.
I apologise for misunderstanding the situation, sorry (that is why I said I couldn't quite work it out)

The reason that I thought that this post was spam is because it very closely matches the posts of a certain type of spammer! which I have become very familiar with as forum moderator here and elsewhere.

The usual method is they join, and make their 1st post, this is often long (sometimes plagiarised) and engages other members to make responses. My suspicions are usually aroused by this kind of 1st post and when I search them online, I find 50 identical copies on every poker forum going.

They get a few responses and then about 1 or even 2 months later, they return and edit in numerous external links to their original post without reposting ( this doesn't register as a new post so it can go undetected, which is why I am onto them straight away). I then have to go through all their posts deleting the external links and then ban them!

This hasn't happened very much here yet, but I have spent HOURS OF MY TIME dealing with this problem so once again I apologise for getting it wrong but don't be offended!

My best guess is that your original post may have been hi-jacked by a similar kind of spammer, though not the same, because when I search it, some of the returned results lead not to poker forums, but to advertising gateways!! It also appears on other poker forums (copied) where the original site where you posted is credited, but not you, the author!

Sam
Back to top Go down
WINNINGHAND79
REGULAR
REGULAR
WINNINGHAND79

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:41 pm

i too am sorry for gettin' alittle excited there samango. Smile

i do understand your concern and time spent searching out and bringing attention to these types of ppl. i can only imagine the time and effort that must take.

and if it is at all possible, could you pass me the links to where i would find where my work is being used, or maybe explain how i would go about searching it for myself???? (not sure how).......... i would like to put a stop to ppl stealing my work and using as their own!!!!!

on an upper note...im kinda proud that ppl have chosen to plagiarise my work!!!hahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Samango
Admin
Admin
Samango

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm

PM sent with details
Back to top Go down
WINNINGHAND79
REGULAR
REGULAR
WINNINGHAND79

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:20 am

thx samango. ill have a look now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking down tounaments.   Taking down tounaments. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking down tounaments.
Page 1 of 1